A majority of us hit a rut in the fall. Whether our eating is off track or we get out routine with our fitness schedule, the struggle is REAL! Here I am, two months into fall, and I have gained five pounds. 5!!
What happened? I’ll tell you what happened. The trailmix happened. I started my school year, teaching middle school English, and I fell victim to handfuls of snacking. I am determined to get back on track! You know what I rely on?
GROUP FITNESS! Other people!
This is a great solution for people to get on track during the holidays and stay the course. Gym owner, instructor, class attendee – it doesn’t matter – we all need support, and group fitness will give your people that! It will give YOU that!
Now is the time to get into classes and build people up! Be the voice that convinces people to get to their goals now and not wait until the new year. Fitness directors and instructors what are you doing to make your place and your classes the place to be? The place that is comfortable for people to walk in after being gone or having never attended a class?
Here are some ideas:
- Offer Holiday Incentives: Small rewards go a long way!
- Pick a themed week or day for attendees to dress up for the classes and win a prize or post pictures on your social media.
- Remember, social media is becoming “white noise.” Facebook loves when people go live on their page! You’ll draw more attention, and your potential and current followers will see a face with a voice and feel like you are talking TO them!
- Offer special classes and leveled classes. Make a beginner feel like they can come to class by labeling it “Beginner”. Stress that all Beachbody LIVE formats have modifications.
- Offer short and long class options. People are crunched for time. 30 minute classes make people feel like they can commit. Then, promote the heck out of it!
- Bring in a special instructor or trainer! I am happy to travel, teach a class, bring prizes, and highlight your facility and your classes! I promote the heck out of my Master Classes.
Here’s to making a difference in people’s lives BEFORE the New Year Rush!